We encourage you to rate you dining experiences and publish your ratings and culinary viewpoints (collectively postings) on the Dimmi website. This will provide useful feedback to enable our restaurant partners to improve their offerings to enhance future dining experiences both for you and other users of this site.
At all times, we retain full discretion as to whether or not to publish (or remove) your posting and rating. Please consider the guidelines set out below when submitting your contribution or making a complaint about an already published posting or rating.
These guidelines may be updated from time to time to take into account changes in public policy, business operation and society trends. You should constantly review this page for the most up to date version.
Please note that when you submit a posting to this site, whether in the form of a review, a rating, a comment, a suggestion, a photograph, an idea or the like, you are granting to Dimmi and its Booking Partners a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to (a) use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display and perform your posting throughout the world in any media, now known or hereafter devised; (b) use the name that you submit in connection with your posting, and (c) unless you have indicated to the contrary, share your posting with any other social network such as (but not limited to) Facebook and Twitter.
When submitting a posting or rating, you must provide your:
- First Name; or
- First Name and Surname; and
- A valid email address.
You may elect whether your First Name, First Name and Surname or Surname is published or whether you should be identified as 'Anonymous'.
All postings and ratings will contain the date and time of your dining experience.
All postings must comply with the following guidelines:
1. Reviews must be based on personal experience: a review must not relate to a third party's experience. It must be submitted by the person that actually dined at the relevant restaurant and partook of the meal reviewed.
2. Reasons should accompany any review: this is helpful to enable the reader to understand the circumstances to which the review relates.
3. Reviews should be topical: for example they should not be out-dated but current and relevant.
4. Postings must be appropriate: they must not contain any vilification/hate content in relation to race, religion, gender, sexual preference or any other social, political or religious issue. Vilification is any public act (which includes any content displayed on the Dimmi website) that could incite others to hate, have serious contempt for or severely ridicule a person or a group of people because of their race, nationality, descent, ethnic or ethno-religious background, sexuality or medical condition.
5. Other inappropriate content: we reserve the right to not publish any material, whether comprising words or pictures, that:
5.1. encourages or could encourage prejudice against any person or group on the basis of race, sexual preference, gender, nationality, religion, physical or mental disability, ethnic background, age,occupational status or political beliefs; or
5.2. contains profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or wilful, topics, material or information; or
5.3. is pornographic or could be construed as being pornographic or offensive to any group of people; or
5.4. is unlawful, libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, suggestive, threatening, inflammatory , is in any way invasive of privacy or public rights or otherwise objectionable; or
5.5. content that could constitute, encourage or contain instructions for the commission of a criminal offence; or
5.6. content that infringes the trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual proprietary right of any party (that has not given its consent to such publication); or
5.7. content that is not related to a restaurant or the food industry; or
5.8. content that constitutes an advertisement or is otherwise designed to solicit the custom of the reader.
6. Naming of persons: postings must respect the privacy of others. Accordingly you must not name any person or in any other manner identify any person if the subject of your posting is to portraythat person in a defamatory or controversial manner.
7. Naming of competitors: reviews should not contain comments that contain references to other restaurants.
8. Right of Reply: you must not refuse the right of any person or entity named in your posting the right to respond to any claim or comment made by you in your posting.
8. Reviews: reviews should not contain comments that contain references to food safety breaches (e.g. food poisoning, etc.), or be biased by circumstances outside of the restaurant's control (flood, fire, etc).
Dimmi takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for the content of any posting published on its website from time to time. Dimmi will not edit the content of any posting and Dimmi will not be liable to any party if a posting is published in contravention of these guidelines.